FEZ “Dangara” – a wide opportunity for entrepreneurs.
The free economic zone “Dangara” was established by a Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
By the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” allocated 521.37 hectares of land in the territory of the Lokhur Jamoat of Dangara district.
The Republic of Tajikistan has approved regulatory legal acts that regulate the activities of free economic zones, such as the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” (signed by President of the Republic of Tajikistan under No. 700 dated March 25, 2011) and the Regulation of Dangara FEZ approved by Majlisi Namoyandagon Majlisi Oli of the Republic of Tajikistan under No. 1545 on 01.20.2010. Also, the Republic of Tajikistan in 2010 signed the Kyoto Treaty (dated May 14, 1973) regulating the activities of the free economic zones of the world.
The main purpose of establishment of the FEZ “Dangara” as set forth in the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” in Article 3 and the Regulations of the FEZ “Dangara”, paragraph 1, part 2, is:
Attracting foreign and domestic investment to the country’s economy;
– increase the export potential of the country;
– ensuring the development of the country’s economic potential;
– providing the population with jobs;
– intensification of international economic cooperation;
– importing new equipment and technologies and new production management methods; construction and improvement of the territories of the FEZ and its surroundings.
In Chapter 1, Article 1, paragraph 1 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones”, the concept of a free economic zone is given as follows: “-free economic zone is a separate (limited) part of the territory of the Republic of Tajikistan with precisely defined boundaries, on which favorable economic conditions are created and special legal regime for entrepreneurial and investment activities “.
In the fifth paragraph of this article, the concept of a zone administration is given as follows: “The administration of a free economic zone is an organization that has the status of a public institution and manages a free economic zone.”
Article 14, paragraph 1 states that “On the territory of free economic zones, the function of state administration is exercised by the administration of the free economic zone …”.
Paragraph 2, part 6 of the Regulation of the FEZ “Dangara” states that “On the territory of the free economic zone “Dangara” acts the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan that regulates the activity of free economic zones. Regarding relations that are not regulated by the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan regarding free economic zones, act the norms of legislation that do not contradict their essence.”
The main profitable directions in the free economic zone “Dangara” are:
– Processing of agricultural products, including cotton, cocoon, meat, fur, leather, dried fruits, and processing of other types of grain crops.
– Manufacture of engineering, spare parts, instrument making;
– Production of building materials and their processing;
– Production of materials for the chemical industry;
– Processing of local raw materials, including processing of stone, other minerals (with the exception of gold);
– Manufacture of medical and pharmaceutical products;
– Production of electrical materials and energy-producing devices;
– Processing and production of wooden materials;
– Production of various beverages (with the exception of excisable beverages);
– According to the existing requirements, the development program of the Dangara FEZ for 2016-2020 has been developed, which was approved by the Council of Overseers of the Free Economic Zone of the Republic on February 11, 2017, which covers all aspects of the Dangara FEZ perspective goals.
– One of the important tasks of the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” is to attract foreign and domestic capital into the economy. In this direction, the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” carried out work properly in various ways, participating in conferences and symposia, numerous meetings with foreign investors, publishing propaganda materials and the media, etc. I was able to achieve success in 6 years.
Including 26 subjects are currently registered in the zone, and so far 1 billion 317 million TJS has been attracted to the zone.
As the Founder of Peace and National Unity, Leader of the Nation, noted the President of the country, dear Emomali Raҳmon in his message to the Majlisi Oli of the country, the basis for attracting foreign capital is the creation of modern infrastructure.
Having done this by instructing their work, the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” from the first activity began to create its infrastructure. The administration of the FEZ “Dangara” was able to build a modern administrative building for a short time, to block the first part of its territory, which is 222 ha., From a distance of 4.5 km to conduct water pipes to the territory of the zone and nearby villages, to build 5 km of internal roads, partially build water discharge pipes, draw three lines of electricity with a length of 10 km and 18 km from the Sargazon and Korgar substations to the zone, launch the customs terminal of the zone, plant about 8,000 fruit and decorate overt and trees in the vicinity area.
At present, in the territory of zone the LLC MISR-2001 is engaged in the production of construction gravel and sand, LLC “Todji Osio” in production of detergents, LLC “Green Gold”, in processing of grain crops, LLC “Kosmos” in importing and selling bulk construction equipment, LLC “Aufen” in production of metal structures.
If in 2015, products worth 2.1 million TJS were produced on the territory of the zone, then in 2016, the subjects of the zone produced products worth 16 million TJS. With the launch of four other enterprises in 2017, industrial production in the zone can reach more than 100 million. And LLC Green Gold in 2015 exported 40 tons of pistachio production with the brand name of Dangara FEZ to the United Arab Emirates.
In 2016, more than 1,744 permanent and seasonal workplaces were created by the administration and subjects of the zone. In the zone are working from all over the country, which of course contributes to the improvement of the social level of the population.
– The main sources of income for the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” according to the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” article 16 paragraph 1 and 2 are allocated funds of the Government of the Republic, internal and other sources not prohibited by the legislation of the republic. Each year, about 1.5 million TJS is allocated from the budget of the republic’s to Administration of the zone, which is absolutely not enough to maintain the Administration and to create the zone’s infrastructure. Therefore, according to the current legislation, the Administration annually draws up its budget, coordinates it with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade as the competent state body and the Ministry of Finance of the Republic and within the framework of which it conducts its business.
The administration, in accordance with Article 10, paragraph 3 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones”, sent a letter to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade as the competent authority for the creation of the Zone Development Fund, but it was not supported.
Financial, currency and insurance regulation of free economic zones is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” by Article 21 points 1 and 2, Article 23 and the Administration of the FEZ “Dangara” fully acts on the matter within the framework of the law.
– The tax system of the FEZ “Dangara” is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” Article 20, the Regulation of the FEZ “Dangara” paragraph 11 and the Tax Code of the Republic of Tajikistan, Articles 325-326. The administration oversees the payment of taxes of subjects who are taxpayers on two types of tax (tax on the income of individuals and social tax). In 2016, over 5 million TJS were paid to the state budget through taxes and customs payments. According to the Regulation of the FEZ “Dangara” clause 11 part 71, the supervision of tax payments of the subjects of the FEZ “Dangara” is entrusted to the tax authority of the Dangara district.
– The activity of the subjects of the FEZ “Dangara” in accordance with the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan “On Free Economic Zones” Article 27 is checked by the supervisory authority in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and with the notification of the competent state bodies of free economic zones. But in this case, it is necessary to take into account the special legal system of free economic zones specified in the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan and regulating the Regulation of the FEZ “Dangara”.
As the founder of peace and national unity, the Leader of the Nation, President of the country, esteemed Emomali Rahmon noted in his meeting with entrepreneurs and investors, all unreasonable inspections can have a negative impact on attracting capital and especially foreign investment. It should be noted that the majority of the subjects of the FEZ “Dangara” are created by foreign investors.
Sadullo A. Y. – Head of Administration of FEZ “Dangara”